FieldWorks is a nationally recognized grassroots organizing firm founded to help progressive organizations, advocacy groups, and members of the Democratic family take their public engagement and electoral strategies to the next level. FieldWorks prides itself on using emerging technology to develop and implement innovative field programs that result in progressive victories throughout the country.
We work with progressive advocacy organizations, Federal and State Democratic campaigns, Democratic Party organizations, labor unions, and ballot initiative campaigns. Our staff has knocked on millions of doors, collected petition signatures from hundreds of thousands of citizens, and coordinated hundreds of events and organizing strategies that have helped campaigns win.
Led by experienced national and international strategists with their hearts in grassroots organizing, FieldWorks creates campaigns that combine innovative grassroots strategies, the newest technologies, and time-tested shoe leather tactics with one thing in mind: mobilizing people to achieve progressive and democratic victory.
FieldWorks is hiring Canvass Directors and Petition Directors in multiple cities and states throughout the United States to implement paid field programs in 2017. We’re looking for tech-savvy political operatives who are excited to persuade, mobilize, and activate voters to make difference in the democratic process. Opportunities exist for both expert campaigners and those looking to gain experience in politics.
Office Directors manage paid field operations for a geographic region. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recruit, train, and manage a staff of petitioners or canvassers.
• Track and report data and progress.
• Ensure program is operated with a high level of quality and professionalism.
• Work with senior staff to set and accomplish campaign goals.
• Other organizing activities as needed.
• Experience in election campaign organizing or grassroots field organizing preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of online database and field reporting systems, or the ability to learn them.
• The ability to manage people and implement staff policies.
• The ability to juggle multiple tasks, solve problems, and set priorities in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
• Ability to work a campaign schedule including, long hours and evening and weekend work.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn FieldWorks’ campaign model.
• Flexibility and a sense of humor.
• Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Timeline: projects start in March and throughout 2017
Location: Multiple locations across the U.S.
Salary Range: $800-$1200 per week and will depend on skills and experience. Advancement opportunities available. Travel and short-term housing may be provided in addition to salary. Benefits provided.
FieldWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with FieldWorks will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.